Before Satrell Beauty was born, I debated becoming an entrepreneur. There were obstacles that I allowed in to keep me from moving forward with my passion. Some examples were:
- I don’t have enough funds to pursue my passion.
- Will people like my products or brand?
- Will I be able to withstand criticism of my products or brand?
The list can go on, but you get the idea. Taking the leap to finally say to myself, “Ignore the negativity and move forward with your passion, you can do this,” allowed me to finally launch my own business and truly enjoy it. The beginning stages were a challenge, but I managed to get through them. I am still learning as I continue moving forward to build my brand.
Here are a few lessons I can share:
- Mentor – Find someone you can speak with about the trials and tribulations of being an entrepreneur in your new venture. They will help you stay on the right path.
- Stay motivated – When I felt it was too cumbersome to keep going, I pushed myself to continue what I started. It’s a lot to process when you think about research, time, and money to get your business up and running, but there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. Don’t Give Up!!
- Perfection – Don’t get me wrong, I understand you want to have all your ducks in a row, but it’s ok to not be perfect all the time. There is always room for making changes and growing your brand. Remember its ok to fail because that’s when you learn most from your mistakes and continue to push yourself.
Throughout this process, I had and still have a great circle of family, friends, and collaborators that are helping me to stay grounded and continue to thrive. Without their help, I wouldn’t have made it this far.